Just enough off the beaten path to enjoy what Austin has to offer besides the bats and Duck Tours, along with some of what's hot for South by Southwest. "Sleep is the enemy"

Monday, March 07, 2005

Why I am here

I have enjoyed SXSW for almost a decade now, first as a festival goer, and then later as a volunteer. Volunteering has firmly enmeshed me into the energy behind and within the festival in so many ways.

Every year, I meet so many people who ask, "Where can I get good...BBQ? Mexican food? Burgers?", and they mention some place I've tried once and never returned too. Come on, let's face it- any Austinites out there who would REALLY send someone all the way to Matt's El Rancho?

Since I have been referred to so many times as an "Austin Ambassador", by visiting filmmakers, musicians, and festival registrants, I am finally taking the plunge and putting it all down here.

I will be sharing MY recommendations- please note that I am NOT receiving any compensation from any establishments you see listed here. Of course, please feel free to tell the management that you found out about it here, and YOU might just benefit. I will post of any opportunities that I hear of. I just want to share some of what Austin has to offer that might be a little off the beaten path.

Note that this is MY blog, and is not meant to detract from SXSW's proprietary content. Any non-SXSW events I may share will be those that are not in direct competition with the SXSW festival. This is out of respect to everyone who is working so hard night and day to make this week one to remember!

Thanks for stopping by!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home